2-Ports with Dry Contacts
** UL 60950 & UL 62368 Approved
Features / Benefits
- Economical Secure A/B Switch, No Volatile Memory Parts Utilized
- Allows Remote A/B Switching
- Supports Common Input and Port A or Port B Switching
- Dry Contact Relay Switching
- Three DB-9 Connectors – Compact Design
- Supports 4-Wires and Ground for RS-232
- All wires & Power are Surge Protected
- Loss of Power Default Switch to Port A
- Status LED’s Port A or Port B Active
- Reliable 5V DC Power Supply is UL, cUL and PSE Approved, RoHS
- Compact Sturdy Aluminum Enclosure
The A/B Switch allows secure and safe switching between RS-232 or any ITU V.24 data ports. The unit supports switching 4-wires of user data traffic from the common port to Ports A or Port B. All switching is accomplished with dry contact positive latching relays for years of dependable service. In the event of local power failure, the A/B Switch will default to Port A.
The switching between Port A to Port B are accomplished with a remote device that applies a positive or negative voltage to the A/B Switch via the RS-232 RJ45 port.
The front panel has three status LED’s that present the user with Port A or Port B active status. A power LED is also present to indicate that the A/B Switch has power applied.
The A/B Switch is housed in a sturdy metal enclosure and operates on a simple reliable 5V DC power supply.
The A/B Switch has a 3-year warranty and a 24-hour turnaround on warranty repairs..
|Application||Allows a user to connect to a Single Common Input Port and Remotely Switch between two Output A and B Ports with local visual port indicators.|
|Capacity||Three Ports Common Port A and Port B|
|Data Interface||4-Wire & Ground Interface supports RS-232 or any ITU V.24 compliant balanced interface|
|Data Format||Data Transparent at all Data Rates|
|Data Rates||Up to 19.2Kbps|
|Indicators||Power, Port A and Port B|
|Surge Protection||Main power supply and all Data Ports|
|Power Source - MTBF||External Wall Mount AC to DC Supply, Input Voltage 90-240VAC. Output Voltage is 5VDC with 300,000 Hour MTBF|
FCC 47CFR, Part 15, Subpart B for conducted emissions from a Class A
UL 60950, UL 62368
Operating Temperature: 32º to 104º F (0º to 40º C) Operational Altitude: 0 to 6,600 feet
|Dimensions||Height ....... 1.75 inches (4.445 cm) Width ........ 5.75 inches (14.605 cm) Length ....... 5.54 inches (14.072 cm)|
|Weight||1 Pound (0.045Kg)|
|Warranty||Three Years, Return To Factory|
|Ordering Information||Main Unit Part Number: 273000
Model: A/B Switch RS-232
Description: 2-Port A/B Switch with Common
|Included with each unit:||1) Operations Manual
2) PT# 711019: AC to DC Power Supply N America For further detailed technical information on this prod- uct, contact East Coast Datacom Technical Assistance toll free at (321) 637-9922