Dual Composite and Dual Power Redundancy
Features / Benefits
|* Dual Composite Ports - Any channel may be assigned to one of two composites operating at the same rate. Dual links may be used for switch-on-fault or for aggregating bandwidth
* Composite Port Interface - Each port software selectable for RS-232, RS-530, V.35,RS-422/449 or X.21
* Composite Port speeds - 64k up to 2.048Mbps in common 64k multiples
* Sub-Channel Interface(s) - 16 ports RS-232, four ports are software selectable for RS-232, RS-530, V.35, RS-422/449 or X.21
* Sub-Channels support Sync to 768k and Async data up to 38.4kbps. Also supports Nx8-MUX for sub-rate multiplexing
* Independent sub-channel configuration with support for remote downlink loading
* Non-disruptive channel configuration
* Automatic cut-over of channels from failed to active composite port
* All configuration via terminal port
* In-Band Management Channel allows remote upgrades, configuration and status
* Modular design with front load cards
* Redundant power supplies
The 16-Port Dual Nx64-MUX is a modular TDM Multiplexer designed to support up to sixteen sub-channel ports from 9.6Kbps to 768Kbps in both Sync and Async formats.
The unit is designed with a pair of composite ports with variable port rates from 64Kbps to 2.048Mbps in 64k increments for maximum flexibility. The composite port data interface is software selectable as RS-232, RS-530, V.35, RS-422/449 or X.21.
The dual composite architecture allows for the distribution of channels over two aggregate links of equal bandwidth. This permits the utilization of the 2X bandwidth either to achieve up to ~4 Mbps total bandwidth, or to allocate spare bandwidth for channel recovery in the event either link fails. For the latter configurations, channels may be assigned with either high or low priority, which assures that high priority channels remain in service on the surviving link.
The sub-channel ports may be individually configured to support flow control of RTS to DCD on a port by port basis or no flow control. The ports also support individual RTS to CTS delays and external TXC timing for DCE to DCE crossover. The data interfaces are RS-232 on 16 ports. Four of the user ports are software selectable for RS-232, RS-530, V.35, RS-422/449 or X.21.
The Dual Nx64-MUX derives its timing from the external DCE attached to the composite port. Alternately, timing may be sourced by the Nx64-MUX in a direct cabled pair of multiplexers. When using dual composites, timing may be independently selected for each link.
The Dual Nx64-MUX utilizes four, 4-port interface cards, a main processor card and dual power supply cards. This modular design facilitates future upgrades and allows the user to add user ports in 4-port increments. All cards are front load.
The management port allows local and remote configuration commands. Integral software design features allow configuration of a sub-channel without disrupting existing sub-channels. Network management features include channel and composite loop backs, and link down error reporting. All port parameters are set with an async terminal connected to the configuration port. Setup procedures are menu driven and all parameters are stored in memory that supports power outages.The Dual Nx64-MUX supports voltages of 85-264 VAC and supports redundant power supplies with system notification. The unit is 5-U high and is standalone or 19 inch rackmount. The factory warranty is 3 years.