Multipont BGP Network Emulator
Integrated BGP Router
NEW Support for 10GbE or 1GbE
Features / BenefitsNetwork Emulator
- * BGP NETWORK EMULATOR
- * Supports 10G or 10/100/1000
- * Handle Traffic Bandwidth Control
* Profile is applied for source IP and destination IP pair or ranges of source IP and destination IP
- * Simulation of Real-time Delay,Jitter, Packet Corruption, Duplication, Reordering, Packet Loss
- * Shows list of applied profiles with source IP and destination IP
- * Perform Routing Decision Dynamically * Assign router ID for a BGP router
- * Adding and deleting Neighbors, Networks to and from the System
- * Forwarding Packets based on routes created
- * Show List of neighbors added to a BGP router and also shows BGP routing table
- * View Routes Advertised to/by Neighbors
- Assign Preference(Weight) to a particular path
3/ Interfaces Settings
- * Able to Detect and Configure Scalable number of network interfaces
- * Add, Edit and deletion of interfaces configurations
- * Show Status of connected/available Network Ports
- * Show port speed, port type(management or router),MAC address, IP address of each ports
The BGP Network Emulator with integrated Quagga Router. The Border Gateway Protocol or BGP is at the core of the modern Internet. Large corporate and government enterprise networks are increasing their use of BGP to interconnect different administrative and country specific regions. This geographic span adds further to the complexity of a BGP network when calculating and planning for network latency. Network design engineers need a reliable and cost effective means to test the routers’ ability to handle BGP transactions accurately while simulating network latency with their applications
The BGP-EDS network emulator is a product used to apply traffic rules on packets fl owing out of the egress port for the intended packets matching source address and destination address. Dynamic Routing protocols like BGP are used for the route and can be applied to an Interior Gateway Network as well as an Exterior Gateway Network.
The user can specify the source and destination IP addresses either as a single IP or with the subnet mask (CIDR Addresses) for which the traffi c rules apply as a whole. The BGP-EDS system acts as a BGP router by which it chooses the best and valid destination using a best path selection algorithm. Dynamic routing allows the router to take individual routing decisions for a network before routing and thus reduces the overhead for a network engineer. The product is dynamic enough to support and scale a multiple number of 10/100/1000 copper or fiber interfaces.
The BGP-EDS allows user to perform network bandwidth and delay simulation (simulate slow/congested links between nodes) on any connection from device to any remote node on the local LAN or remote over Internet. The BGP-EDS network delay simulator is meant to provide a real experience of a Wide Area Network, during application development testing over a LAN environment. Users can install the BGP-EDS at nodes where performance related development and testing is required. Network characteristics such as Network delay, Packet loss, Packet corruption, Disconnections, Packet re-ordering, Jitter, etc. would only apply to connections according to fi lter criteria concerning source and destination IP addresses
The BGP-EDS is managed via an integrated Graphical User Interface(GUI) with security provisions and restrictions for multiple users. The unit is housed in a sturdy 2U front load enclosure with an integrated 90-240V 50/60Hz power supply. The BGP-EDS has a 3-Year warranty and 24hour turnaround on most repairs.
|Typical Application||Used to apply traffic rules on packets flowing out of the egress port for the intended packets matching source address and destination address. BGP is used for the route and can be applied to Interior Gateway network as well as an Exterior Gateway Network|
|Data Interface||10GbE with SFP+, 10/100/1000 Copper or fiber up to 12 ports|
|Data Rates||300bps - 10GbE 1bps increments, bi-directional or split speed|
|Traffic Simulation sub-system||- Handle Traffic Bandwidth Control and Shaping.
- Add, Edit and Deletion of profiles.
- Profile is applied for source IP and destination IP pair or ranges of source IP and destination IP(by selecting the subnet mask).
- Each IP Address maintains its own profile of Bandwidth Shaping.
- Change the profi le applied on particular source and destination IP pair.
- Simulation of Real-time Delay, Jitter, Packet Corruption, Duplication, Reordering, Packet Loss.
- Shows list of applied profi les with source IP and destination IP.
- Enable, disable and remove the traffic simulation parameters applied on source and destination IP.
|Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) sub-system||
- Perform Routing Decision Dynamically based on number of networks available at that instant.
- Able to Detect and Configure Scalable number of network interfaces.
|Web Browser Compatibility||FireFox, Google Chrome, Explorer 11|
|Power Source||AC Mains: 90-240VAC @ 10%, 50/60Hz|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature....32º to 120º F (0º to 40º C)
Relative Humidity.............5 to 85%
Non-Condensing Altitude............................0 to 10,000 feet
|Dimensions||Height ....... 3.35 inches (88.90 mm)
Width ........ 17.20 inches (436.88 mm)
Length ....... 14.50 inches (368.30 mm)
|Warranty||Three Years, Return To Factory|
|Regulatory Approvals||UL, CSA, CE, CCC, FCC and RoHS|
10/100/1000 NIC CARDS